This exceptional Estate is located just north of the town of Jackson, along the Gros Ventre River. The property consists of 3 parcels, for a total of 127 acres, with a private pond fed from the spring creek and Gros Ventre River, and views of the majestic Teton Range.
A recreational easement exists for an additional 3 neighboring parcels. The new owners of Elk Run Estate will enjoy the use of these parcels for fishing, hiking, etc. Only 2 other homeowners are granted the use of this easement. Some of the best fly-fishing in the valley can be accessed by the owners, along the confluence of the Snake and Gros Ventre Rivers. One of the parcels of Elk Run is vacant and will allow for development rights, adhering to only Teton Co. regulations.
The remarkable main home has 7 bedrooms, all en-suite, 2 powder rooms and 10 wood-burning fireplaces. In addition to the spectacular great room, there are many gathering areas which include 1 sitting room off the kitchen, 2 additional areas adjacent to the guest bedrooms on the main and second levels, a library and office. The main home is 13,300 sq. ft. with amazing hand-crafted log construction, oak floors, and a commercial grade kitchen. The great room includes a formal dining area, two floor-to-ceiling fireplaces, and an inviting sitting area. The spacious master suite has every comfort imaginable. The sunroom has fabulous views of the large pond and Tetons. The charming guest home is 1,945 sq. ft. and has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms plus a loft, and 2 wood-burning fireplaces.
The Gros Ventre River meanders through the property. This is truly a fly-fishing and environmental paradise. The estate enjoys incredible privacy and is in close proximity to the town of Jackson, the Jackson Hole Mountain Ski Resort, the Airport, Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Parks.
Jackson Hole, as part of the largest intact ecosystem in the lower 48 states, offers nearly 1.2M acres of designated wilderness. Our scenery is spectacular and destined to stay that way. Less than 3% of the land in Jackson Hole is privately owned. The remaining 97% is protected, for we are surrounded by National Forest lands, Jackson Hole Land Trust holdings and two National Parks. Our scenic corridors, trail systems, bike paths into National Forest lands, abundant streams, and rivers will remain protected.
The Jackson Hole Mountain Resort is legendary with 2,500 acres of inbound terrain and an average of 459 inches of snowfall each winter. Forbes Magazine has ranked the ski resort #1 in North America for the seventh year running.
Jackson Hole has several highly regarded golf resorts from which to choose, including Teton Pines, JH Golf &Tennis, 3 Creek Ranch and Shooting Star.
Jackson Hole is one of the most beautiful places in the world with a small town feel and offering a lifestyle environment that is very unique to our area. The splendor of Jackson Hole with the majestic Teton Mountain Range is a year round paradise!
Courtesy of Ken Gangwer
Based on information from Sotheby's International Realty (SIR) as of 9/27/21. This information is for your personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties you may be interested in purchasing. The display of MLS data is usually deemed reliable but is NOT guaranteed accurate by the MLS. Buyers are responsible for verifying the accuracy of all information should investigate the data themselves or retain appropriate professionals. Information from sources other than the Listing Agent may have been included in the MLS data. Unless otherwise specified in writing, Broker/Agent has not and will not verify any information obtained from other sources. The Broker/Agent providing the information contained herein may or may not have been the Listing and/or Selling Agent.
©2021 Sotheby's International Realty (SIR). All rights reserved.
Data last updated 6:45 AM UTC, 9/27/21